Information about Lewis, a special-needs child in a typical world & a journal of his life and how he changed ours.
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Little Man, Big Soul
Noodles is turning three tomorrow. He has taught me so much these past three years. It has been a privilege watching him grow and learn. His smile, his eyes, his love- they are my relief. I am 100% positive that this year Lewis will enjoy that birthday cupcake finally! Most people normally don't give eating a second thought. They just eat. Same for walking. Same for talking. They just walk and talk. No big deal. Not for Lewis. He has concentrated on every single bite, sound production or step he takes. Every single one. His strength, courage, determination and persistence are an inspiration.
Last year, for his birthday, LJ didn't want the cupcake. What he wanted was everyone to sing the birthday song repeatedly. He still loves singing. At mealtimes, if he is watching a show and they sing a song on the show, he will grab my hands and point to me to instruct me to sing along. Or he will point at the show and use monosyllabic sounds to get my attention. Other times, he uses his signs to communicate he wants more songs. Then there are times when he takes my hands over his hands so that I can clap his hands together for him. Whenever I sing (albeit off key) and clap, he lights up. I hope one day that he will chime in when I sing him songs. As each year passes, the more you are you. The more you know. This year, we sing for you.
LJ (and Nate), you are my source of constant surprises. You may be a little man on the growth charts, but you have a huge soul! I love how you giggle when mama assists you in chasing Nate around the living room. I love how you love bath time! I love to hold hands with you. You are a beautiful person. Your laughter makes me so happy. May you accomplish everything that your heart has dreamed. May your muscles and joints get some relief. May things not be so difficult for you. These are my birthday wishes for you. I fall deeper in love with you everyday. Happy {birth}day. I am so grateful that you were born.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Happy birthday beautiful, beautiful boy!
ReplyDeleteJenn, this is so beautiful! Made me cry! Happy birthday to your sweet boy!
ReplyDeleteSee you Friday for some Vinyasa fun! : )
Happy birthday!!!!!
ReplyDelete