Bread Chronicles Part Trois: Nate Making Challah (yep, he practically sleeps with those Curious George rain boots!)Nate: Mommy, look at mine. It's a mountain. This is how you climb it. And this is how you squeeze it. But then you fall off of it.
Me: What happens when you squeeze it?
Nate: You go to the doctor.
Me: Why do you go to the doctor?
Nate: Because you get a big big boo boo. Mommy, let me see yours. Look at mine, it's beautiful.
Baking. Check.Now, I'm not a big knitter ...more of an almost knitter. When I started this project for Lewis, sometime almost two years ago, in my head I had plenty of time to sit and knit (it's good to dream). I could see it clear as day, but it's not where I ended up. In fact, I only completed the body of this doggy by the time LJ arrived on the scene. So for the past seven months I've been staring at the unfinished doggy head feeling incredibly guilty that I had knit a huge stuffed teddy bear for Nate when he was born but still hadn't tackled LJ's. But while I love knitting as a craft very much, I bit off more than I could chew with the degree of difficulty for this project's pattern. Ultimately I had to turn to the local, talented, and really big knitter **Didi** for an intervention. She (and Aunt Joanne blocked it) came to the rescue and helped me FINALLY complete Lewis' doggy. I couldn't be more pleased. Thank you.
Maybe I'll choose a more accessible project for my next craft.....

That dog pattern was sort of over the top---but it sure is a great looking toy now that it's finished! Beautiful job, Jenn and Didi!
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear Challah baking is going so well. I may never top that gift of the Curious George boots...do you think he'll wear them til his toes peek out the tops!?