Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Littlest Heroes Photo

Many of us cave before impossible tasks, or even tasks that are just a tiny bit difficult.  No doubt life is full of challenges. Everyday offers us an opportunity to effect someone else's life.  We've had our share of difficulties.  Its how we show up for it that makes all the difference.  What transforms us is the situation.  My boys are the warriors.  Jessie is a warrior.  They are my heroes. I celebrate them, and honor them, embracing the difficult moments and the beautiful ones.

Merriam-Webster's definition of hero : a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability b : an illustrious warrior c : a person admired for his achievements and noble qualities d : one who shows great courage 

To be a hero - that's no small thing. Courage.  Achieving remarkable levels of progress.  Making a difference in everyone's life, no matter what the limitations. Remarkable people. They rise to the challenge. Heroes never give up. They exhibit a grace, quiet strength and humility that inspires others.

Heroes also live with a hopeful spirit.  They remember to play after a storm with a song in their heart. In this spirit of celebrating life, we applied for this cool thing called Littlest Heroes Project.  It's a nonprofit organization comprised of photographers who donate their time to provide photo sessions for little heroes throughout the country.  We were contacted in August by a volunteer, local photographer, Dorie Howell.  And she took gorgeous photos of us at Potomac Overlook Park. The moments she captured are snapshots in time that I will truly hold close to my heart forever. I can't rave enough about what a beautiful person Dorie is and how she has blessed so many families with her gift and art of photography. LJ is also going to be one of the feature stories on Littlest Heroes website (which just recently changed their name to Inspiration Through Art).  More on that soon.  First, here are the hero pix!


































































































5 comments:

  1. Hey yoga buddy!! I CANNOT tell you how much I am in love with this blog! What a wonderful writer you are! And these are the most beautiful photos!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the heartwarming photos, which are now cheering up the walls of my cubicle!

    Love
    UJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I need to say to these pictures is one word... PRICELESS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos are absolutely gorgeous - we loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is "WOW"! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete