It's not been an easy week. The kids are beginning to understand just how much they miss Tango. He was such a good friend and fierce protector. I had to return his prescription dog food, and the store tried to give me a store credit only. I asked to speak to the manager and had to explain how that wasn't gonna help. Everywhere I turn it seems like I keep seeing Weimaraners. Today, Nate asked Didi a question. He asked if you could taste things in heaven. He also asked what was in
dog’s blood. She told him that I couldn’t answer the question
about tasting in heaven as she didn’t have enough info on what it was like
in heaven. As for the blood question, she said she thought that dog’s
blood was probably pretty much like human blood but the proteins were
different. Both answers seemed to work. Clearly he misses Tango and he is on his mind. Time will heal. Thank you for all your love and support.
BUT in other news, Lewis is starting to become interested in potty training! Woot woot!! We may need to consider our options for a more supportive potty chair although it may be very premature. Also, LJ has gained a little weight in the last 6 weeks. He is up from 12.2 kg to 12.66 kg. That's 50% on the Cerebral Palsy growth chart. The nutritionist still thinks he needs more calories in a given day. Ideally, he needs to surpass his weight (12.7 kg) prior to the tube wean. So we have feed him more calorie dense foods. Bring on the pureed pancakes, with sausage and syrup. And the pureed Elevation cheeseburger with french fries! It's still progress when you consider his tube is just an accessory now. We haven't used it for food or drink in over a month.
No comments:
Post a Comment