Hello to Markus! Love him-we think he and Jeni Berry are the recipe for Gtube weaning success. LJ's Big Wean is upon us and Markus has arrived from Germany to help guide us on the journey and we hope of course, he'll tell us every little thing is gonna be alright. The calorie reduction has commenced- by tomorrow we will have cut his gtube feedings by 25% and by Monday he should only be receiving 50%. By the 6th day, he should be receiving little to no nutrition or fluids by gtube. That's when the intensive phase begins! We're all so excited- well LJ hasn't told us so...but Mom, Dad, big brother and all our friends and family sure are. Let the crankiness begin!
We'll have our hands full this week so please excuse the silence for a few days, but we will take lots of videos and pictures and update the blog as soon as possible. That's it for now, I'm off to await my instructions! Many thanks to the gifted and inspiring Jeni Berry and Markus Wilken in advance for their compassion and tireless hours helping kiddos learn to love food. You have given so many children a safe place to explore food. And also for making something for those kiddos' parents which had been so frustrating and so painful, into something so, so different. Most importantly though, for seeing LJ as a person, not a disability. No matter what the outcome, these kids are an inspiration. Wait and wonder with us. Over and out.
I'm cheering for you and love you all! Good luck to you and to Lewis--I hope it all goes very well.
ReplyDeleteMuch love from Aunt Joanne
Alex and I are both very very excited for this! We can't wait to hear how it all goes.....
ReplyDeletexxoo
Beth and I hope everything goes well. Best of luck with Markus.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck - we love you guys!
ReplyDelete