Monday, February 14, 2011

My Heart Is Pinned to My Sleeve


















I'm a romantic at heart.  I also wear my heart on my sleeve.  I'm a quick study.  It's easy to recognize the mood I'm in but I've learned something.  None of this matters.  I'm struck by the revelation that "I'm the lucky one." I grew up healthy and able-bodied.  I've traveled and made many friends along the way.  I gave birth to two sons.  These boys can't wait until I wake up each morning and they can press their noses to my neck and hug me. I've loved others and live for the delight of laughter and humility.  I'm smart and kind and loving. I've gotten cranky and pouted. I have heard my heart singing. I have laughed until I wet my pants. I love to be playful and optimistic. I've lived in the madness of hope and wonder. I've been stressed waiting for test results and I sit and watch and notice things...about my worry..I've taken chances and lost and won some.   Brenda Solomon (co-founder of a respite house here in VA) said about it being a crisis with no end in sight. It is one thing to deal with a crisis that you KNOW is only temporary but it is a completely different thing when there is NO light at the end of the tunnel because this is your life. I've learned to let go and come to terms with the journey of life. I'm learning.

My heart and world have been expanded beyond anything I ever thought or imagined.  Hope you are spending time with those you care about!

1 comment: