Information about Lewis, a special-needs child in a typical world & a journal of his life and how he changed ours.
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Happy Happy Joy Joy
Noodles tried a piece of cold, leftover cheese pizza today!!! It makes me smile so hard I think the corners will crack! He wasn't skeptical of it, he didn't gag or anything. He signed that he wanted some (yes, he initiated it folks), and when we gave it to him he just started gumming it. Coincidentally, an episode of Barney was on in the background and there were several kids learning to make a pizza with Barney at a pizzeria.
As for me, I'm still sick but I've been takin' it easy and the meds are starting to do their thing. I'm low on energy & I have a repeat chest xray next week to see if the pneumonia is still there. And as my wise Uncle Jon suggested, maybe your body just needed you to slow down. Or maybe you should tell your body to shut up!?*@! Time will tell.
But I digress, back to the man of the hour. I caught myself saying out load, this is amazing. This is the first time he's ever had pizza!! What a "normal" rite of passage for most toddlers - its just part of living. But I actually cried because the joy is so different. Everything is so much harder for Lewis that I've felt this shame and inadequacy with respect to eating encounters- you know, we're the elephant in the room kinda thing. I am so encouraged and excited for more practice at eating as we hustle to get ready for Markus' next visit in the Spring. Today, I feel a lot less anxious as we slog our way through :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This made me so happy!! Just catching up and so happy to see your glorious little man. Those tummy tunnels look brilliant!
ReplyDelete