The huge relief last week was the swallow study. It holds such good prognostic value. There is no aspiration or misdirection of food. His oral phase is slow and slightly disorganized still, but things do move smoothly through the pharynx. Lew has the capability- he just needs lots and lots more practice and help. Only three more days to go! Nate is eager to feed his baby brother some yummy sushi now that 'he knows how to eat'. I think we might have to transition to mac & cheese before sushi but that's just what I'm thinking. What do I know? I am constantly reminded not to get too attached to the plan. LJ is a brave and courageous boy!
What About Mac & Cheese or French Fries? St Joseph's_May 18, 2010 from Jenn S on Vimeo.
That seems pretty encouraging. Bet you can't wait to try it at home!
ReplyDeleteLove
UJ