Well. Uplifting.
This week's visits were all about the Gtube surgery. We've been concerned that LJ's wound on his stomache might be infected. So a visit to Dr. O and the GI doc as well as Dr. Surgeon.....well...they were all pleased. So far so good, no infection. But, the bad news is he lost weight. And he's not sleeping so well- on his back or side that is. So we have to fatten him up before his eyeball surgery next month. And Josh is going to engineer a "gtube pillow"...yes folks we might patent it. Essentially we need a donut hole pillow that can be strapped onto Lewis to pad the gtube and enable him a much needed night's rest on his belly!!
We got the all-clear for OT, ST and PT. So let the games begin.
Josh and Jenn, had to catch up and read all back news from you. I am taking care of my mom in Pensacola, FL. LJ has grown a lot since I last saw pictures.I loved Jenn's anniversary-time comments about Josh. His excellence as father and husband underscore the value of super role models Hank and Judy. You are making your way with strength and creativity through a huge challenge. I know there are hard hours and days but thank God you have each other.
ReplyDeletePaul has some radiation after effects but has a wonderful spirit through all of this."You can go through anything if you do it with love" makes profound sense to me. I know you know this because you are living it.
Much love to you,
Carol (and Paul)
What about one of those neck pillows you get for the airplane? Like a miniature boppy? that might get him on his tummy and off the g-tube? Just a thought - you can have the patent :)
ReplyDelete